Creamy Chicken Veggie Casserole Meal in a Jar
This Creamy Chicken Veggie Casserole meal in a jar recipe is adapted from Chef Tess’s version of this meal. One of the things that I love about these meals is how customizable they are!
I use bow tie pasta to change things up a bit, and because really, why pass up an opportunity to use fun-shaped pasta, right?
The green peas and orange carrots add some fun color to the dish, as well as great nutrients. And of course, it’s all nestled in a creamy cheese sauce!
This Creamy Chicken Veggie Casserole is great comfort food to gift to a neighbor or keep in your own food storage.
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup freeze-dried peas
- 1/4 cup dehydrated carrots
- 1 cup freeze-dried chicken chunks (or chicken TVP)
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated minced onions
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup cheese powder
- 1/3 cup instant dry milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream powder
- 1/4 cup butter powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Put all ingredients into a quart-size wide-mouth mason jar in the order listed above, and shake to settle contents.
- Place new canning lid on top of jar. Using wide-mouth attachment for a FoodSaver, vacuum seal lid onto jar following instructions from your FoodSaver manual. (You can also insert an oxygen absorber before putting on lid if you'd like.)
- Remove vacuum attachment and put ring on. Tighten by hand, but don't over tighten.
- Label and date. Store in cool, dry location.
Gently pry lid off of jar and discard. Remove oxygen packet (if used). Empty contents of jar into casserole dish. Add 4 cups hot water and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 327mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g