Chicken Noodle Skillet Meal
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup chicken flavored TVP
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried vegetable mix
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onions
- 1/3 cup instant non-fat dry milk
- 1/3 cup powdered cheese
- 1/4 cup butter powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place noodles, TVP, vegetables and onions in clean quart-sized mason jar. Shake to settle contents.
- Add milk, powdered cheese, butter powder and Italian seasoning. Shake well to get ingredients to sift down and settle in empty spaces between larger ingredients.
- Place new canning lid on top of jar. Using wide-mouth attachment for a FoodSaver, vacuum seal lid onto jar following instructions from your FoodSaver manual. (You can also insert an oxygen absorber before putting on lid if you'd like.)
- Remove vacuum attachment and put ring on. Tighten by hand, but don't over tighten.
- Label and date. Store in cool, dry location.
- Gently pry lid off of jar and discard. Remove oxygen packet (if used). Empty contents of jar into large skillet. Add 3 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Serve.