Kroger is running a new Buy 4 Save $4 sale for the next two weeks! I use these sales to not only stock up on food items, but also on non-food items as well when I can. Because when I save money on cleaning items, or paper goods, it also frees up other money that can be put towards food items that aren’t on sale or that I have to buy at full price. So don’t overlook these other areas for saving some money – every little penny helps!
What I Purchased
peaches, on sale .99/lb
(1) pint grape tomatoes, 2.99
(2) loaves Smith’s bread, on sale 1.25 ea
(4) Carnation Breakfast Essentials, on sale 4.99 (3.49 after coupon, 2.74 after Catalina offer)
(8) Progresso canned soup, on sale .99 (.74 ea after coupon)
(8) Old Orchard juice 64oz, on sale 1.99 (.99 after promo)
(4) Dawn Ultra dish detergent, on sale 2.99 (1.99 after promo, 1.74 after coupon)
(1) Gain fabric softener, on sale 4.99 (3.99 after promo, 1.99 after coupon)
(2) Gain laundry detergent 50oz, on sale 4.99 (3.99 after promo, 1.99 after coupons)
(1) Gain dryer sheets, on sale 4.49 (3.49 after promo, 1.49 after coupon) – not sure how these got left out of the picture…
(6) Kroger shredded cheese 32oz, on sale 5.99 (4.99 after promo)
(2) Yoplait yogurt 8ct, on sale 4.99 (3.99 after promo, 2.99 after coupon)
(4) Oscar Mayer Naturals lunch meat, on sale 3.99 (2.99 after promo)
(8) Little Debbie’s mini donuts, on sale 1.99 (.99 after promo)
The Progress soup must be bought in groups of 8 to get the discount. I used (2) $1/4 printable coupons, which are no longer available, but there are new 1.00/3 coupons available from the Progresso site. I used (4) .25/1 coupons for the Dawn [see PG-9/24], (1) 2.00/1 digital coupon for the Gain fabric softener, (1) 2.00/1 digital coupon for the Gain dryer sheets, (1) 2.00/1 digital coupon for the Gain detergent [see THIS LINK for the digital coupons], (1) 2.00/1 printable coupon for the Gain detergent, (2) 3.00/2 printable coupons for the Carnation Breakfast Essentials, (2) 1.00/1 printable coupons for the Yoplait yogurt, and (4) 1.00/1 Oscar Mayer Naturals Cold Cuts product [see SS-8/20].
When you buy (4) Carnation Breakfast Essentials items in one transaction, you will get a Catalina coupon good for $3 off your next store purchase. (That is, IF the checker has remembered to turn on the Catalina machine at the start of their shift…which mine didn’t…so I now have to submit for the coupon online, which is a pain in the buttookus…)
What I Will Do With All of This
The peaches are destined for some pork freezer meals.
The cheese I just keep on hand, frozen right in their bags. I pull it out as needed to be used in so many different recipes! The mozzarella gets used on pizzas, or in Pizza Puff Pockets, Chicken Alfredo Bake, Baked Sausage & Cheese Rigatoni and other meals. The Mexican blend is used in making freezer breakfast burritos and I sometimes use it in the Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos. Plus I really like it added to green salads, too! The cheddar gets added to salads and also gets used added to eggs for the Easy Make-Ahead Egg Muffins and also for making sheet-pan or oven-baked eggs for freezer breakfast sandwiches, among many other things!
The soup goes into my pantry for food storage. I have not seen Progresso on sale like this for awhile now, and usually when it gets this low, it is often only on the vegetable varieties and excludes the Rich & Hearty varieties. But this time, it looks like almost all varieties are on sale!! Woohoo! I try to keep plenty of cans of Chicken Noodle Soup around for when one of us (like me) gets sick and is too tired to make it from scratch. 😉 If you don’t have a Kroger around, I did notice that Costco has the 8ct of Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup variety on coupon this month for 7.99, so that’s also a great option. The soup will last 1+ year on your shelf, so stock up when it’s on sale and then use throughout the year.
And the donuts…well, those are to eat. 😉 And also to use as a bribe to get my kids to help clean the house this weekend…ha ha ha!